We’re Deutsch and we’re here to build the neverbefore.
The neverbefore is what we’re building for each and every client, project and challenge. It’s the big idea we haven’t thought of yet. It’s what writers want to write, coders want to code, and makers want to make. Yeah, the neverbefore is something we made up but it’s also incredibly real. The neverbefore catapults businesses, takes the competition by surprise, and racks up results. When you work with us, you’ll feel it, explore it, help design and build it. Let’s build the neverbefore.
We are looking for a Payroll Coordinator to join our Finance/Human Resources departments here at Deutsch.
WHAT YOU’D DO
- Assist in the payroll for the NY and LA office
- Back up the Director of Payroll
- Introduce better processes
- Help employees with benefit questions
- Collect paperwork for initial new hire and temporary employee set up
- Know current taxation of salaries, benefits and other DOL laws in NY and CA
- Monitor garnishment orders and other issues
- Maintain and document all payroll records
- Reconcile payroll register
- Audit records to ensure compliance
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns
- Detect and process issues related to payroll
- Adhoc reports as requested
- All other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU’VE GOT
- Positive, customer friendly, patient attitude
- Excellent financial and mathematical aptitude
- Knowledge of Peoplesoft a plus
- Strength in windows based systems, especially Excel
WHAT WE’VE GOT (that you can’t find out on the internet)
- We’re nice people. Seriously. Some of the most ego-less and collaborative people you’ll find in this business.
- We’re evolving fast. Sure, every agency will claim that, but we’re surfing a wave of new biz wins, new ways of working and new Deutschers that prove it. Hopefully you’ll be one of them.
- We take our work seriously but believe weekends, vacations and thinking space outside the office make you better at your job, not worse.
- We have a big jar of free peanuts near our entryway and no one knows how it stays full.
Education: BA/BS in accounting or finance related field preferred
Experience: 1 to 2 years in related field
Deutsch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.