The Media Supervisor will help set the strategic direction for our media plans and assist in selling them to our clients. They work with the media team to come up with insights and analysis to help shape placement of media across campaigns. They also lead the charge on training and guiding planners to effectively manage assistants.
· Oversees planning activity for assigned accounts to assure quality.
· Assists with major proposal evaluations.
· Supports planners with vendor communications and negotiations when needed.
· Oversees data gathering for major media plans.
· Works with Search and Social manager(s) to align media strategies across campaigns.
· Monitors trade publications for new media trends.
· Monitors competitive activity and reports developments to account service and the appropriate clients.
· Attends client status meetings.
· Attends appropriate media seminars.
· Gives direction to and trains Assistants and Planners.
· Helps planners hone management and leaderships skills, especially in training assistants.
· Interacts with sales representatives, both locally and nationally across all media types.
· Conducts information gathering for employee reviews.
· Initiates larger team conversations between low-level employees and upper-level managers to ensure department communication and transparency
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· 3 – 5 years of Media Planning experience required (integrated background is preferred).
· Strong mathematical abilities required in this position.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• 1 – 2 years managerial experience.