Director, Social Strategy
We’re Deutsch and we’re here to build the neverbefore.
The neverbefore is what we’re building for each and every client, project and challenge. It’s the big idea we haven’t thought of yet. It’s what writers want to write, coders want to code, and makers want to make. Yeah, the neverbefore is something we made up but it’s also incredibly real. The neverbefore catapults businesses, takes the competition by surprise, and racks up results. When you work with us, you’ll feel it, explore it, help design and build it. Let’s build the neverbefore.
We are looking for a Director of Social Strategy join our Strategy team here at Deutsch.
The Director of Social Strategy will lead the Deutsch digital / social team across a variety of clients and categories. You’ll be overseeing client work, leading new business, creating agency thought leadership, and nurturing / growing the team of rock stars. Our ideal candidate is someone with vision who knows how to manage multiple brands (and personalities), enjoys rolling up their sleeves to pitch in, and never settles! This person is constantly curious - always seeking new ways to innovate and explore in the digital space, in order to bring our clients thoughtful approaches that help them disrupt and break through.
WHAT YOU'D DO
- Take a hypothesis-driven approach to social / digital strategies: using clear data and analysis to back up recommendations as well as partnering with the full team (creative, production, media, etc.) to build solutions.
- Lead specific, high priority client projects when appropriate and regularly oversee ongoing client work to ensure it meets the agency standard of excellence.
- Act as the social lead for New Business, partnering with the team on approach, execution and measurement in order to effectively sell to potential clients.
- Grow and lead a high performing, collaborative team - championing their work and inspiring them to progress in their careers.
- Act as the face of the digital team, participating in industry panels, writing articles, and presenting on behalf of the agency.
- Develop the agency’s differentiating social POV, crystalizing your vision for the future of the industry and how Deutsch can position itself to brands.
- And any other assigned duties as requested
WHAT YOU'VE GOT
- Self-starter with a proactive attitude
- Demonstrate the ability to think creatively, sell strategically, and communicate effectively to internal and external teams
- Excellent storytelling skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience mentoring and growing a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to delegate and project manage in order to protect and nurture yourself as well as the team
- Appetite for innovation - both through a creative lens and an analytical one and eager to share different approaches to familiar problems
- Experience building strong cross-department relationships
WHAT WE'VE GOT (THAT YOU CAN'T FIND OUT ON THE INTERNET)
- We’re nice people. Seriously. Some of the most ego-less and collaborative people you’ll find in this business.
- We’re evolving fast. Sure, every agency will claim that, but we’re surfing a wave of new biz wins, new ways of working and new Deutschers that prove it. Hopefully you’ll be one of them.
- We take our work seriously but believe weekends, vacations and thinking space outside the office make you better at your job, not worse.
- We have a big jar of free peanuts near our entryway and no one knows how it stays full.
Education: BA/BS Marketing, Communications, or other related field
Experience: 7+ years in Digital Strategy
Deutsch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.