Job Title: Media Planner
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Level: Mid-Level, Exempt from Overtime
We are looking for a Media Planner to join our Media team here at Deutsch! We have a fast-paced environment made up of the best & brightest and work with the world’s leading clients. We provide a casual work environment that fosters creativity and collaboration. Deutschers are encouraged to share their unique voices and ideas to ultimately reach success for the client, for Deutsch, and for the individual.
The role of a Media Planner is to prepare, develop, execute, and monitor media plans for various clients. They will engage in day-to-day contact with both clients and media partners to manage plans across multiple media types.
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- Strong aptitude for numbers and attention to detail – understanding of numbers (%'s, budgets, etc.)
- Solid research (quan./qual.) and analytical skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines, and multitask
- Ability to work independently but still be a team player
- Computer skills (spreadsheets, word, charts, Prisma, MediaTools, etc.)
- Passionate, focused about advertising with a real interest in media/pop culture, etc.
- Experience trafficking or pulling reports in an ad server
- Paid social media planning experience
- Gather information about consumer viewing/reading habits/internet/brand usage broken down by demographics, region, etc. in order to form targeted plans
- Compile competitive reports and other analyses for media plans and presentations
- Manage budget summaries, campaign flowcharts, and billing
- Oversee and manage assistant work, and help them to advance in their careers
- Create insertion orders, digital campaign detailed summaries, and creative rotation templates to contract media and traffic creative to vendors
- Monitor current media spending and performance of placed media for accuracy
- Build PowerPoint and Excel templates for presentations, reporting, etc, and present findings and recommendations to clients
- Work closely and develop relationships with clients and media partners
- Think creatively and strategically to determine effective, efficient, and innovative solutions to reach targeted audiences
- And any other assigned duties as requested
- Manage Assistant Media Planner
- Traffic ads in ad server; collaborate with data strategy team on developing reports and insights from digital campaigns
- Collaborate with Paid Social Media Buying team on social media campaigns
Education: BA/BS Marketing, Communications, or other related field
Experience: Minimum 1-2 years in related position
Deutsch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.