VP, Creative Technology Director
Deutsch Los Angeles is seeking a VP, Creative Technology Developer to join our growing digital team. You will work with a dynamic team of creative technologists pushing digital boundaries for clients including VW, Taco Bell, and Target.
This is a management-level position that includes the disciplines of team leadership, technical expertise and applied digital creativity. The VP, Creative Technology Director is responsible for guiding multiple projects through the many facets of creative and technical execution.
Ideal candidates are driven by a passion for great work and desire to grow the digital business at Deutsch. They embolden an equal mix of creative exploration and technical experimentation. They are as passionate about new technologies as they are about fit and finish.
Ideal candidates are natural problem solvers who think strategically first and technically second. The VP, Creative Technology Director is responsible for working with the Creative and Digital Strategy teams to suggest digital concepts and determine the technical execution requirements. They identify risk early and provide fast, effective recommendations for initial concepts and throughout the project lifecycle.
A successful Creative Technology Director must be an effective communicator with a proven ability to present concepts and solutions to Client stakeholders. The Creative Technology Director is responsible for driving the sales process for digital projects. Role responsibilities include participating in new business efforts and identifying opportunities with existing clients. Ideal candidates have extensive experience estimating costs, identifying project resource needs and creating detailed statements of work.
This role also requires the ideal individual to contribute the growth of Great Machine – a division of Deutsch dedicated to Artificial Intelligence-driven solutions. Ideal candidates are curious about the possibilities of AI and how it can solve client problems, engage consumers and improve interaction with digital platforms. The VP, Creative Technology Director will help identify new service offerings for Great Machine and work with the team to present concepts to new and existing clients.
Client/project/team leadership (50%):
• Collaborate with internal Creative and Digital Strategy teams to identify and define digital concepts
• Serve as technology lead on client projects
• Contribute to Digital Design and UX efforts providing solutions and problem solving ideas
• Contribute to the technical direction of projects including documentation
• Establish and maintain the highest level of quality and finish with each engagement
• Identify risks and contribute solutions internally and to the client
• Identify resource needs for each engagement
• Mentor technology resources
New business (20%):
• Establish strong communication pipelines with Deutsch Account Management teams
• Contribute and suggest digital concepts as part of new business pitches
• Attend and contribute to pitch presentations in front of new client stakeholders
• Identify and pursue new business opportunities with existing and new clients
• Contribute to sales efforts including creation of presentation materials
Department & Great Machine growth (20%):
• Contribute to the vision and growth of Great Machine
• Participate in resource acquisition efforts
• Identify systems or applications that can improve department efficiency & opportunities
• Serve as a department advocate throughout the agency
Collaborate with the Technology and Creative to create prototypes with new technologies (10%):
• Contribute to prototype concept ideation
• Experiment with new technologies and platforms
• Present prototypes and emerging technologies internally and at events
• Performs other reasonable and relevant activities and functions as requested and required
Education: BA, BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar area
• 10+ years of applied creative technology contributions
• 10+ years of experience in front end and/or back-end technologies
• 10+ years of leading complex projects from inception to launch
• 5+ years of experience in personnel management
• 5+ years of technical account service
• Extensive experience creating digital experience that garner industry attention and drive business
• Diverse development experience in front and back-end technologies including native mobile
• Experience building campaigns and platforms that leverage AI libraries
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong ability to identify talent and place resource in high success situations
• Deep understanding of architecture and optimization of digital applications
• Natural presence during presentation and client meetings
• Experience of working with large corporate infrastructures and teams
• Demonstrated ability to balance workload of multiple projects simultaneously
• Expertise in preparing proposals and presentations to all levels of a client's organization