Director of Paid Social
We’re Deutsch and we’re here to build the neverbefore.
The neverbefore is what we’re building for each and every client, project and challenge. It’s the big idea we haven’t thought of yet. It’s what writers want to write, coders want to code, and makers want to make. Yeah, the neverbefore is something we made up but it’s also incredibly real. The neverbefore catapults businesses, takes the competition by surprise, and racks up results. When you work with us, you’ll feel it, explore it, help design and build it. Let’s build the neverbefore.
The Director of Paid Social is a vital part of the media department. He/she will not only help develop Paid Social strategies, but also oversee the day-to-day execution and performance of these campaigns for various clients. The perfect candidate should be good with clients and able to embrace & thrive in a fast-paced environment while keeping a sense of calm and effortlessly managing time. There’s plenty of opportunity to present and test new ideas and then see those ideas through to implementation. A person with a curious mind, collaborative nature and a desire to outperform will do very well at Deutsch.
WHAT YOU'D DO
- Lead development in Paid Social media strategies across several clients, primarily PNC, Newman’s Own and M&M’s world
- Collaborate with Media Planning teams to develop effective social media strategies
- Partner internally with Data Strategy and Social Strategy teams and develop testing plans and creative rotation schedules to achieve client goals
- Oversee and manage internal team maintaining all Paid Social Media buys (setting up targeting, trafficking, budgeting, invoice reconciliation, optimizations, etc.)
- Manage campaigns for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram to amplify content, gain fans/followers, or drive website traffic
- Analyze performance data to develop optimization recommendations
- Evaluate and present recommendations to clients
- And all other assigned tasks
WHAT YOU'VE GOT
- Must have previous experience communicating with and presenting to clients
- Must have experience managing a team
- Must have previous experience working with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage large, seven figure budgets
- Expert in Excel, strong in PowerPoint and other Office products
- Must have experience with technical issues, such as campaign tagging, Q/A, and troubleshooting any/all issues
- Strategically oriented and collaborative
- Self-starter who thrives in fast paced environment
- Results-driven with an analytical mindset
- A creative problem-solver
- Agency experience preferred
WHAT WE'VE GOT (THAT YOU CAN'T FIND OUT ON THE INTERNET)
- We’re nice people. Seriously. Some of the most ego-less and collaborative people you’ll find in this business.
- We’re evolving fast. Sure, every agency will claim that, but we’re surfing a wave of new biz wins, new ways of working and new Deutschers that prove it. Hopefully you’ll be one of them.
- We take our work seriously but believe weekends, vacations and thinking space outside the office make you better at your job, not worse.
- We have a big jar of free peanuts near our entryway and no one knows how it stays full.
This position comes with a lot of responsibilities and expectations, but you truly have an opportunity to be a part of something great. Your role will help shape our agency’s media culture and take the digital marketing efforts of our clients to the next level. It’s a fast-paced environment, where you’ll be working with the best & brightest, and the world’s leading clients. We provide a casual work environment that fosters creativity and collaboration, where you have a voice, and your ideas result in client success.
Education: BA/BS Marketing, Communications, or other related field
Experience: Minimum of 5+ years of paid social experience including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram
Deutsch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.