Director, Performance Analytics
We’re growing and doing some amazing work with analytics and looking to build out our Data Strategy team. We need exceptional people who understand that science and creativity live and breathe together. We’re looking for people that can get their hands dirty with data and help our clients develop the very best strategy to win day in and day out against the competition.
This position is for a senior-level Performance Analytics guru to lead and grow the data strategy team in this area, reporting into the EVP, Director of Data Strategy. The right person for this job will rise far above normal “analyst” parameters and lead client growth with new ideas and hypotheses born out of observations from both data AND their deep business experience. This person won't just answer the “what if” questions – but go beyond to how and why: How is our marketing performing? Why is one channel working better than another? What insights can we find from client & third party data to inform new approaches? What new analytical tools can we create to better serve our clients?
Curiosity, creativity and a hint of mad scientist are needed for this varied role. We are looking for someone who will lead higher-functioning performance analytics for marketing effectiveness, media mix modeling, attribution and ROI. In addition they may implement custom quantitative surveys and oversee reporting and optimization. They will work with agency digital teams, media department and client marketing leadership and directly with our client.
They will work in partnership with a team of analysts to inspire better solutions for our clients. This person will advocate a data driven approach to strategy from inception to execution. As such your ability to influence and communicate complex data and analytics is essential.
- Communication of complex analytical insights to a diverse audience
- Analytics thought leadership
- Familiarity with all marketing channels – offline and online – and performance and measurement knowledge of each
- Oversee growth and execution of Performance Analytics, with key areas of focus to include:
o Measurement planning – KPI development, framework, analysis and presentations
o Marketing effectiveness studies – survey based
o Social listening
o Testing methodologies, design and analysis
o Digital media analytics
o Web/app analytics
o Dashboard design and maintenance
o Modeling and attribution
- Ability to draw out meaningful and actionable insights from data sets
- Develop and lead the team of performance analysts
- Manage and advocate agency data needs
- Identify and source gaps in offering based on client and industry needs
- Keep abreast of new measurement methodologies and techniques
• High level experience working with clients, presenting and interacting with senior client executives
• Strong leader who can demonstrate analytic skills, problem solving, and independent decision making
• Ability to analyze data and see the trends and insights others don’t spot
• 10+ years experience at an advertising or media agency, marketing analytics firm or in a quantitative, data-driven field
• Familiarity with marketing technology (e.g. Data Management Platforms), ad-serving (e.g. Google DCM, Atlas), and web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics)
• Thorough understanding and experience with contemporary digital analytic topics such as attribution, social analytics, mobile analytics, video analytics.
• Experience with marketing mix modeling/econometric analysis and/or other branches of market research (custom survey research, advertising testing or tracking, new product research, etc.)
• Expertise with advanced analytic techniques, such as multivariate regression analysis, predictive modeling, logistic regression, factor analysis, sales forecasting, response prediction, advertising effectiveness, consumer profiling, market mix and ROI measurement
• Knowledge and experience with syndicated research sources/tools would be helpful (e.g. ComScore, Nielsen, GfK MRI, Simmons, etc)
• Proven ability to manage, lead, inspire and grow teams
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Ideally experience with
- Statistical analysis and modeling with SPSS, SAS, Python or R
- SQL (MS SQL Server / Access)
- CRM and DM experience
- Dashboard software such as Tableau