We’re Deutsch and we’re here to build the neverbefore.
The neverbefore is what we’re building for each and every client, project and challenge. It’s the big idea we haven’t thought of yet. It’s what writers want to write, coders want to code, and makers want to make. Yeah, the neverbefore is something we made up but it’s also incredibly real. The neverbefore catapults businesses, takes the competition by surprise, and racks up results. When you work with us, you’ll feel it, explore it, help design and build it. Let’s build the neverbefore.
We’re looking for a Jr. Full Stack Developer to join our Technology team.
IS THIS YOU?
You’ve got a couple of years of experience under your belt, and you’re looking to work closely with both other developers and non-developers to make all sorts of Internet things. While you’re comfortable focusing on any part of the stack, you’re also okay with contributing only backend, or only frontend, on various projects. You enjoy learning new technologies; you probably play around with new frameworks just to learn how they work.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- You’ll be part of a small but mighty team of developers handling multiple full-stack development on client projects
- Sometimes you’ll work alongside a senior developer on specific projects; other times, you’ll serve as primary developer (especially on rapid prototyping projects)
- You’ll work closely with producers, user experience designers, visual designers, and quality assurance testers.
WHAT YOU KNOW:
- The basics of front-end development, in order of importance:
- Media queries, flexbox, and other modern techniques
- Frameworks: React, Angular
- The basics of node.js, including npm, express, and other web-service-related modules and techniques
- Basic database design and management (e.g., Mongo, Postgres, MySQL)
ON THE FUNCTIONAL SIDE, YOU KNOW HOW TO:
- Work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Say “yes, and” instead of “no, but”
- Explain technical concepts in ways non-technical people can understand
- Communicate both in writing and verbally
AND IT'S A PLUS IF YOU:
- Have experience with native app development
- Are interested in machine learning
WHO YOU ARE:
- 1 - 2 years experience as a full-stack developer at an advertising agency, development shop, startup, or platform
- Have clean, well-documented examples of your code, from any part of the stack
Deutsch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.