Assistant Media Planner
We are looking for a Assistant Media Planner to join our Media team at Deutsch. The main focus of this position is to assist the planners in creating and monitoring media plans for our financial client. They will also have the opportunity to learn buying terminology and operating procedures as well as develop negotiating skills.
There’s a different energy flow here at Deutsch; you’ll feel it from the moment you walk in. It is what sets us apart. We behave like entrepreneurs every day, for ourselves and for our clients. We believe in business solutions, not advertising solutions.
At Deutsch, not only will you have the opportunity to work with passionate, smart people, but also to flex your entrepreneurial and independent muscles. We encourage Deutschers to challenge us to implement, execute and communicate in ways that will continue to set Deutsch above the rest.
WHAT YOU’D DO
- Research consumer viewing, reading habits, internet and brand usage broken down by demographics, region, etc.
- Research media trends and statistics
- Compile competitive reports, analyses and report on media trends and statistics for media plans and presentations
- Manage budget summaries, campaign flowcharts, and billing
- Create insertion orders, digital campaign detailed summaries, and creative rotation templates to contract media and traffic digital creative to vendors
- Monitor current media spending and performance of placed media for accuracy
- Build PowerPoint and Excel templates for presentations, reporting, etc.
- Additionaladministration responsibilities may occur (scheduling meetings, booking conference rooms, etc.)
- Responsible for developing a working knowledge of media relevant to the client’s business including TV, print, digital, spot TV, social, and radio
- Participate in learning and training opportunities
WHAT YOU’VE GOT
- BA/BS Marketing, Communications, or other related field
- Internship experience in Media Planning / Buying
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Solid research (quan./qual.) and analytical skills
- Teamplayer skills with great organization skills, ability to work work well under pressure
- Fluent in Excel and Microsoft Office
- Passionate about advertising with a real interest in media
Deutsch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.