Assistant Media Planner
Job Title: Assistant Media Planner
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Level: Entry Level
We are looking for an Assistant Media Planner to join our Media team here at Deutsch. The role of an AMP is to assist the planners in preparing, developing, executing, and monitoring media plans for various clients. They also will learn some buying terminology and operating procedures as well as develop negotiating skills.
There’s a different energy flow here at Deutsch; you’ll feel it from the moment you walk in. It is what sets us apart. We behave like entrepreneurs every day, for ourselves and for our clients. We believe in business solutions, not advertising solutions.
At Deutsch, not only will you have the opportunity to work with passionate, smart people, but also to flex your entrepreneurial and independent muscles. It’s a different kind of agency. We encourage Deutschers to challenge us to implement, execute and communicate in ways that will continue to set Deutsch above the rest.
WHAT YOU’D DO
- Gather and study information about consumer viewing/reading habits/internet/brand usage broken down by demographics, region, etc.
- Research and provide media trends/statistics that planners will use in making the media plans
- Compile competitive reports and other analyses for media plans and presentations
- Manage budget summaries, campaign flowcharts, and billing
- Create insertion orders, digital campaign detailed summaries, and creative rotation templates to contract media and traffic creative to vendors
- On a regular basis meet with media reps (w/ planner) to evaluate content and programming of various media vehicles
- Monitor current media spending and performance of placed media for accuracy
- Participate in training seminars
- Build PowerPoint and Excel templates for presentations, reporting, etc.
- Additional administration responsibilities may occur (scheduling meetings, booking conference rooms, etc.)
- And any other assigned duties as requested
WHAT YOU’VE GOT
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- Strong aptitude for numbers and attention to detail – understanding of numbers (%'s, budgets, etc.)
- Solid research (quan./qual.) and analytical skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines, and multitask
- Ability to work independently but still be a team player
- Computer skills (spreadsheets, word, charts, etc.)
- Passionate, focused about advertising with a real interest in media/pop culture, etc.
Education: BA/BS Marketing, Communications, or other related field
Deutsch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.