We’re looking for User Experience Designers to join our team at Deutsch.
To us, user experience is so much more than just wireframes and site maps. Although you’ll be creating and presenting those deliverables, you’ll also spend time thinking about how websites, apps, and voice skills fit into overall product/campaign ecosystems.
You’re THE user advocate. You understand that the needs of a brand are not necessarily the same as the needs of a user, and you know how to create work that satisfies both objectives. While you have a solid grasp on current browser and mobile device technology, you’re curious about building what’s next.
You’re a creative problem solver who doesn’t mind rolling up your sleeves and whiteboarding with designers, developers, creatives, and producers. You’re comfortable taking on projects mid-stream, and you actually enjoy walking your non-user-experience colleagues -- and clients -- through your work.
The digital team at Deutsch is a fast-growing think-tank full of developers, producers, and various designers, but our responsibilities go well beyond our job description. We are all strategic thinkers and add to the creative process. We are a tight-knit group dispersed across an array of different projects across the agency and act as the North star of Deutsch in terms digital capabilities.
WHAT YOU’D DO
- Work with our User Experience Lead to create wireframes, user flows, site maps, clickable prototypes
- You’ll work on an array of interesting brands ranging from Contact Lens to one of the world’s largest brewers
- Work with visual designers to bring your wireframes to life
- Help present work to clients
- Help think through project ecosystems with the wider digital team
- And any other assigned duties as requested
WHAT YOU’VE GOT
- 2-4 years of professional experience in user experience design at a design-focused agency or Internet start-up
- Experience working with visual designers and software engineers
- Visual design skills a plus but not required
- Fluent in modern ways of working. You video chat before you ever think about picking up a phone, all your docs are web based and collaborative, you know when to ping and when to email.
- You can hold an informed, opinionated conversation about consumer tech and emerging tech.
- You are an adult. You understand what needs to be done and take initiative before you are asked, you are a problem solver, you show up to meetings on time.
WHAT WE’VE GOT (that you can’t find out on the internet)
- We’re nice people. Seriously. Some of the most ego-less and collaborative people you’ll find in this business.
- We’re evolving fast. Sure, every agency will claim that, but we’re surfing a wave of new biz wins, new ways of working and new Deutschers that prove it. Hopefully you’ll be one of them.
- We take our work seriously but believe weekends, vacations and thinking space outside the office make you better at your job, not worse.
- We have a big jar of free peanuts near our entryway and no one knows how it stays full.
Education: BA/BS Marketing, Communications, or other related field
Deutsch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.