We’re Deutsch and we’re here to build the neverbefore.
The neverbefore is what we’re building for each and every client, project and challenge. It’s the big idea we haven’t thought of yet. It’s what writers want to write, coders want to code, and makers want to make. Yeah, the neverbefore is something we made up but it’s also incredibly real. The neverbefore catapults businesses, takes the competition by surprise, and racks up results. When you work with us, you’ll feel it, explore it, help design and build it. Let’s build the neverbefore.
We are looking for a digital strategist to join our Strategy team here at Deutsch.
The Digital Strategist is responsible for activating a creative culture that pushes innovation and inspires the creative use of social and digital technology. Working closely with our teams, you will infuse your devoted curiosity to drive leading trends, modern methodologies, emerging platforms, and business building solutions. We need a confident digital-first thinker who can develop and implement fully integrated social/digital strategies that make a difference.
You will be assisting in the strategic thinking on a global piece of business. This role will focus on building the site, applications, platforms and social strategies with the support of a dedicated and enthusiastic account and creative team.
WHAT YOU'D DO
- Develop digital strategies and creative briefs that align with the brand, the target audience, and the client’s business objectives
- Lead the social briefing process with creative teams
- Articulate consumer insights from data and research to craft action plans focused on getting results
- Functioning as a leader with a point of view and subject matter expert, both internally and externally
- Facilitate the development of creative ideas from brief to finished product
- Understand consumers’ social behaviors, and relevant trends in the digital space and provide implications for the client’s business and opportunities for the creative team
- Partnering with the agency’s analytics team to monitor the progress of digital campaigns
- Idea architecture: Collaborate with creative, digital production and UX team members to write and present idea platforms and overall communication plans as needed
- Build relationships with client contacts at all levels to be the voice of the agency in presenting and selling a creative strategy
WHAT YOU'VE GOT
- A fierce love of the internet, and an active participant in internet culture
- Attested ability to be a creative thinker and problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working on social and digital strategy efforts
- Experience and expertise working with multi-channel communications
- Ability to perform primary and secondary research to develop or maintain audience personas.
- Ability to craft strong social and digital strategies independently (including, when necessary: content plans, partnership and influencer programs)
- Experience developing KPI’s, and working with digital analytics to ensure that campaign goals are being met, and that social/digital activities were effective
- Conversant on all new emerging social/digital technologies
- Ability to create and deliver presentations
- Ability to work directly with client and assist in leading the client|agency relationship on all things social/digital
WHAT WE’VE GOT (that you can’t find out on the internet)
- We’re nice people. Seriously. Some of the most ego-less and collaborative people you’ll find in this business.
- We’re evolving fast. Sure, every agency will claim that, but we’re surfing a wave of new biz wins, new ways of working and new Deutschers that prove it. Hopefully you’ll be one of them.
- We take our work seriously but believe weekends, vacations and thinking space outside the office make you better at your job, not worse.
- We have a big jar of free peanuts near our entryway and no one knows how it stays full.
Education: BA/BS Marketing, Communications, or other related field
Experience: 3-4 years in relevant work experience
Deutsch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.