Deutsch New York is seeking an AEM Developer to join our growing digital team. You will work with a dynamic group pushing boundaries for our clients.
There’s a different energy flow here at Deutsch; you’ll feel it from the moment you walk in. It is what sets us apart. We behave like entrepreneurs every day, for ourselves and for our clients. We believe in business solutions, not advertising solutions. At Deutsch, not only will you have the opportunity to work with passionate, smart people, but also to flex your entrepreneurial and independent muscles. It’s a different kind of agency. We encourage Deutschers to challenge us to implement, execute andcommunicate in ways that will continue to set Deutsch above the rest.
The AEM Developer position is recognized as a subject matter expert. AEM component and template development, creation of OSGi bundles and services, and server setup are considered key responsibilities of this role. The AEM Developer is responsible for assisting other developers (both front-end and back-end) with integrating their code into the AEM platform, as well as writing front-end and back-end as needed.
WHAT YOU’D DO
- Analysis, development, and implementation of AEM on multiple client projects
- AEM development and unit testing
- Server setup, AEM installation and deployment
- Collaboration with front end and back end resources
- Translating business needs into technical objectives
- Collaboration on project schedules, milestones and budgets
- Managing systems and processes for projects
- Conducting ongoing audits of systems to identify issues and opportunities for enhancements
- Implementing systems for improving process and reliability of managed projects
- Performance analysis and reporting
WHAT YOU’VE GOT
- You consider yourself a pretty well-rounded developer, and while you’re an Adobe Experience Manager expert, you’re comfortable up and down the stack.
- 3+ years of experience in CQ5/AEM6, both working with and extending the platform
- 3-5 years of experience in Java
- A full understanding of Adobe Experience Manager and underlying technologies, including CRXDELite, CRXDE, Maven, etc
- Advanced knowledge of responsive (and/or adaptive) techniques and frameworks
- Plenty of examples of your standards-compliant, modern code (and you’ve been around long enough to know when to ignore the standards)
- Experience with SASS and LESS, and you’re always looking for ways to automate front-end development tasks
- Some experience as a developer at an advertising agency or dev shop
On the functional side, you know how to:
- Work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Say “yes, and” instead of “no, but”
- Explain technical concepts in ways non-technical people can understand
- Communicate both in writing and verbally
And it’s a plus if you:
- Contribute to open-source projects
- Are interested in AI / voice
Education: BA/BS Marketing, Communications, or other related field
Deutsch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.