Lead QA Analyst
Deutsch Los Angeles is seeking a Lead Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst to join our digital team. You will work with a dynamic digital team and contribute in the creation of creatively-led digital solutions for clients including Taco Bell and Dr. Pepper.
This role is responsible for leading quality assurance efforts across platforms ranging from enterprise websites, ecommerce, native applications and digital experiments. The Lead QA Analyst role exists within the Technology group and is considered a key role in advancing our digital presence within new and existing clients. In addition to working with Technology counterparts, the Lead QA Analyst will work closely with digital producers to identify what needs to be tested and the methodology that will be used.
In addition to testing client solutions, the Lead QA Analyst will work with the greater Quality Assurance team to improve and refine testing processes. Ideal candidates have a passion for process and constantly seek smart new ways to make Quality Assurance more efficient and reliable. Finding solutions that improve quality and increase time to market are key components of the role.
The Lead QA Analyst must have a strong attention to detail and fundamental understanding of the technical complexities of digital projects. This role leads by example in all areas, and mentors team members using a do-as-I-do mentality.
Education: BA, BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science or similar area
- 3+ years of software testing applying SDLC methodologies
- 1-2 years of developing automated tests with Selenium
- 1-2 years of native application (iOS/Android) testing
- Expertise in performing cross-browser/cross-device compatibility testing
- Strong experience working with issue management software: Jira, Trello, etc.
- Strong experience with automated testing tools including Selenium, Cucumber, and RSpec
- Experience working with testing frameworks including Jest and Mocha
- Systems architecture experience (documentation, workflow diagrams, etc.)
- Working knowledge of developer tools including compilers, version control and CI
- Demonstrated ability to balance workload of multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong leadership skills
Leading to the planning and execution of quality assurance on client projects (70%):
- Convert business requirements and functional requirements into a test plan and test cases
- Prepare test environments
- Perform integration, system and regression tests
- Create and execute manual testing procedures
- Identify, analyze and report defects
- Collaborate on project schedules
- Risk management
- Attend and contribute to client status meetings
Mentorship and team leadership (15%):
- Provide mentorship to junior QA team members
- Review QA quality among team members
- Establish communication processes between team members and yourself
Identify and contribute to department-level systems and process improvements (15%):
- Collaborate with the QA Manager and staff to perform audits of existing systems and processes
- Recommend improvements to existing systems and processes
- Contribute to standardizing manual test processes
- Set up prototypes and reporting tools