Senior Budget Coordinator
Job Title: Senior Budget Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Level: Staff Accountant, Non-exempt from Overtime
We are looking for a Senior Budget Coordinator to join our Finance team here at Deutsch! The role will serve as the senior liaison between the Agency and the IPG shared services offices in Omaha NE, where client billing is prepared.
We have a fast-paced environment made up of the best & brightest and work with the world’s leading clients. We provide a casual work environment that fosters creativity and collaboration. Deutschers are encouraged to share their unique voices and ideas to ultimately reach success for the client, for Deutsch, and for the individual.
- Industry experience with a full understanding of job cost accounting for advertising.
- Interest in a career in accounting/finance with some previous experience.
- A college degree, although not necessarily an accounting degree
- Good, professional level communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Capable of providing analytical oversight of client accounting activity, and able to identify and resolve issues and problems.
- Understands client reporting requirements and ensures compliance with contracts and reporting deadlines.
- Self-starting and energetic; this role requires interaction with many people throughout the agency and in the Omaha, NE shared services offices.
- Works effectively on tasks and projects requiring strong attention to detail.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, experience with SAP financial system is a plus.
- Working with account management, business managers, all production teams within the agency to coordinate all aspects of client accounting.
- Ensure timely and accurate billing to the clients*
- Prepare budget reports, accruals, forecasts, etc. for review by Client Accounting Director.
- Client-facing interactions, monthly meetings, phone conferences, etc.
- Provide information to the Finance group as needed.
*Working closely with the IPG shared services offices in Omaha, the role will:
- Establish and meet billing schedules
- Maintain electronic job files with required documents
- Supply all appropriate approvals to create invoices
- Approve draft invoices
- Provide analyses of travel expenses to ensure compliance with client policies
- Prepare sales tax adjustment worksheets
- Receive the billing from shared services and deliver it to the clients
Education: BA/BS Accounting or other related field
Deutsch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.