The Media Planner will work with the media team to come up with insights and analysis to help shape placement of media across campaigns. Media channels utilized are Video (tradition and streaming), Radio (traditional and streaming), Digital (including Social and SEM), Out of Home, Placed Based, and Print as applicable.
This person will have mastered advanced media and has a basic understanding of a client’s objectives and how to achieve them through media planning. They like to get the most out of every investment and monitor every dollar as if it were their own.
- Development and presentation of sound, strategic Media Plans based on client marketing direction and the use of media research.
- Manage the flow of client media-related issues based on changes in direction, goals, and budgets. Be aware of the need to create solutions and resolve problems.
- Maintain budget control and ensure execution of media plans by authorizing approved media schedules and monitoring buys/schedule.
- Oversee tagging and tracking of digital media to ensure accurate tracking.
- Work closely with data strategy to pull digital performance reports, make optimization recommendations, work with partners to implement
- Effective communication with agency buying personnel to ensure brand needs are met.
- Foster a good working relationship with account, creative and client teams to facilitate flawless execution of plans.
- Maintain a good rapport with sales representatives and vendors.
- Negotiates rate discounts and added value.
- Effectively manages all daily tasks as well as guides development and education of Assistant Media Planner
- Explore media alternatives and be creative in recommending media solutions.
- Be accurate to instill/maintain client confidence.
- Deliver POVs/position papers on key client issues and/or client opportunities.
- Working knowledge of media-related and other basic software packages.
- Prior experience (2-3 years) in media, including digital media
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excel knowledge a must (formulas, linking multiple tabs, construction of mathematical double-checks, etc.)
- Previous exposure to digital ad trafficking, programmatic buying, understand of navigating social interfaces and SEM bidding a plus
- Sound media math
- Problem solving mentality
- Experience developing and executing both offline & online media campaigns, as well as development and presentation of the actual client materials