Senior Integrated Media Planner
We’re Deutsch and we’re here to build the neverbefore.
The neverbefore is what we’re building for each and every client, project and challenge. It’s the big idea we haven’t thought of yet. It’s what writers want to write, coders want to code, and makers want to make. Yeah, the neverbefore is something we made up but it’s also incredibly real. The neverbefore catapults businesses, takes the competition by surprise, and racks up results. When you work with us, you’ll feel it, explore it, help design and build it. Let’s build the neverbefore.
We are looking for a Senior Media Planner to join our Media team here at Deutsch. The role of a Senior Media Planner is to prepare, develop, execute, and monitor media plans for various clients. You will engage in day-to-day contact with both clients and media partners to manage plans across multiple media types.
WHAT YOU’D DO
- Gather information about consumer viewing/reading habits/internet/brand usage broken down by demographics, region, etc. in order to form targeted plans
- Think creatively and strategically to determine effective, efficient, and innovative solutions to reach targeted audiences
- Build PowerPoint and Excel templates for presentations, reporting, etc., and present findings and recommendations to clients with perfect accuracy
- Compile competitive reports and other analyses for media plans and presentations
- Create insertion orders, digital campaign detailed summaries, and creative rotation templates to contract media and traffic creative to vendors
- Manage budget summaries, campaign flowcharts, and billing process
- Monitor current media spending and performance of placed media for accuracy
- Work closely and develop relationships with clients and media partners
- Traffic ads in ad server; collaborate with data strategy team on developing reports and insights from digital campaigns
- Collaborate with internal teams such as Paid Social Media Buying team on social media campaigns or the Account/Strategy teams on creative timing and assets deliveries
- Formulate and clearly articulate POVs as requested by clients or for internal use
- Oversee and manage Assistant/Media Planner work, and help them to advance in their careers
- And any other assigned duties as requested
WHAT YOU’VE GOT
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- Strong aptitude for numbers and attention to detail – understanding of numbers (%'s, budgets, etc.)
- Solid research and analytical skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines, and multitask
- Ability to work independently but still be a team player
- Computer/media skills (Office, PowerPoint, Prisma, DoubleClick Campaign Manager, MediaTools, StADegy, comScore, etc.)
- Passionate, focused about advertising with a real interest in media/pop culture, etc.
- Experienced in trafficking or pulling reports in an ad server
- Paid digital, traditional, or social media planning experience
- Display team management skills as well as ensuring efficient project workflows
WHAT WE’VE GOT (that you can’t find out on the internet)
- We’re nice people. Seriously. Some of the most ego-less and collaborative people you’ll find in this business.
- We’re evolving fast. Sure, every agency will claim that, but we’re surfing a wave of new biz wins, new ways of working and new Deutschers that prove it. Hopefully you’ll be one of them.
- We take our work seriously but believe weekends, vacations and thinking space outside the office make you better at your job, not worse.
- We have a big jar of free peanuts near our entryway and no one knows how it stays full.
Education: BA/BS Marketing, Communications or other related field preferred
Experience: 3-4 years experience
Deutsch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.