Director of Human Resources
We’re Deutsch and we’re here to build the neverbefore.
The neverbefore is what we’re building for each and every client, project and challenge. It’s the big idea we haven’t thought of yet. It’s what writers want to write, coders want to code, and makers want to make. Yeah, the neverbefore is something we made up but it’s also incredibly real. The neverbefore catapults businesses, takes the competition by surprise, and racks up results. When you work with us, you’ll feel it, explore it, help design and build it. Let’s build the neverbefore.
We're looking for an EVP, Director of HR to join our Deutsch team and oversee our HR practice in New York. They will work as a strategic partner to the CEO and other key stakeholders to drive company results via talent initiatives that are aligned with business objectives. Drive the delivery of key HR programs and services including talent acquisition, benefits, compensation, succession planning, leadership development, engagement/retention strategies, etc. Reports to the CEO.
WHAT YOU'D DO
- Manage and lead the HR function for the NY office which has 200+ employees, one direct report(currently)
- Act as an advisor to the CEO for all internal talent matters and business decisions
- Supplement our already robust culture by supporting an environment where our employees can grow in their careers while feeling challenged, secure and fulfilled
- Ensure that HR is a safe and discrete place to deal with employee grievances and disputes
- Design accountability mechanisms and oversee overall employment needs
- Design and implement a process and tracking system for talent/recruiting
- Proactively review diversity stats and develop strategies to drive a culture of inclusion
- Recruit or oversee recruiting for all talent
- Be innovative, a champion for change and assist in implementing new policies and programs
- Develop and roll-out training programs which are state-of-the-art (e.g., interview skills, conducting the performance review, presentation skills, writing skills, negotiation skills, managing employees for the first time, mentor program, etc.)
- Conduct/oversee all exit interviews and quarterly employee check-ins
- Prepare quarterly analysis of agency retention, turnover and boomerangs
- Working with the CFO and COO, manage the salary budget for the office
- Ensure that performance reviews and salary discussions are given on a timely basis
- Oversee the benefits function and create a user-friendly communication piece for benefits
- Foster an environment of inclusivity and be a champion for agency programs such as Deutsch Good, WLN, BEN, Beyond
- Working with CEO to set HPO goals, including talent and diversity collaboration
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations
- Write the annual Talent Review and annual HPO memo for the NY office
- Maintain all staff records
- Design and conduct on-boarding for all new employees
- Manage and negotiate terms of employee contracts and severance terms
- Work with CEO and CFO to make MICP, SEIP and LTI recommendations
- Responsible for offer letters, visa applications, increases and officer nominations
- Recruit and manage the summer intern and shadow programs
- Ad Hoc projects as they arise
WHAT WE'VE GOT (THAT YOU CAN'T FIND OUT ON THE INTERNET)
- We’re nice people. Seriously. Some of the most ego-less and collaborative people you’ll find in this business.
- We don’t work in silos. We thrive on collaboration, both internally and externally.
- We’re forward-thinking and always looking to learn - from our peers, from the competitors, and from our clients.
- We take our work seriously but believe weekends, vacations and thinking space outside the office make you better at your job, not worse.
Education: Bachelors degree is required
Experience: 10+ years of HR experience with at least 5 of those years spent in the advertising/communications business
Deutsch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.