We’re Deutsch and we’re here to build the neverbefore.
The neverbefore is what we’re building for each and every client, project and challenge. It’s the big idea we haven’t thought of yet. It’s what writers want to write, coders want to code, and makers want to make. Yeah, the neverbefore is something we made up but it’s also incredibly real. The neverbefore catapults businesses, takes the competition by surprise, and racks up results. When you work with us, you’ll feel it, explore it, help design and build it. Let’s build the neverbefore.
We're looking for a VP, Creative Director to join our Deutsch team and lead the Global Cetaphil business. They will work as a partner to Account and Strategy to transform the Cetaphil business, moving beyond category conventions and traditional skincare advertising. They will lead multidisciplinary teams of art, copy, design, social, and content, across a myriad of social/digital/IRL/film projects. Room to grow not only within the scope/purview of the Cetaphil business, but in opportunities across other new business initiatives. Reports to the CCO.
WHAT YOU'D DO
- Manage the conceptual and strategic direction for all projects
- Ensure the work is in line with Deutsch and client expectations
- Serve as a leader and mentor to ensure the continued growth of the team
- Manage client relationships in concert with Account and Strategy partners
- Work to expand knowledge in category and beyond, and across media surfaces
- Clearly articulate and present ideas to the team, internal stakeholders and the client
WHAT YOU'VE GOT
- Highly visual in communication, with concepts/ideas always at the fore
- Hands-on and a natural leader; willing to shape ideas as well as build on those of others
- A collaborator who embraces challenges and new methods of thinking / making
- A kind human being who listens when other people are talking and contributes to the culture of the agency
- Experience in or adjacent to skincare, beauty, CPG, etc.
- 10+ years’ experience in marketing across all platforms/surfaces
- 3+ years experience in leading multidisciplinary teams
WHAT WE'VE GOT (THAT YOU CAN'T FIND OUT ON THE INTERNET)
- We’re nice people. Seriously. Some of the most ego-less and collaborative people you’ll find in this business.
- We don’t work in silos. We thrive on collaboration, both internally and externally.
- We’re forward-thinking and always looking to learn - from our peers, from the competitors, and from our clients.
- We take our work seriously but believe weekends, vacations and thinking space outside the office make you better at your job, not worse.
Deutsch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.