Senior Social Strategist
We’re Deutsch and we’re here to build the neverbefore.
The neverbefore is what we’re building for each and every client, project and challenge. It’s the big idea we haven’t thought of yet. It’s what writers want to write, coders want to code, and makers want to make. Yeah, the neverbefore is something we made up but it’s also incredibly real. The neverbefore catapults businesses, takes the competition by surprise, and racks up results. When you work with us, you’ll feel it, explore it, help design and build it. Let’s build the neverbefore.
We are looking for a Senior Social Strategist to join our Strategy team here at Deutsch.
The Senior Social Strategist will be the day to day lead on a financial services account but will also have opportunities on new business, existing clients (fashion, alcohol, QSR) and overall agency thought leadership. You’ll be overseeing social strategy across multiple lines of business: looking for ways to connect the dots and deliver consistency online. Our ideal candidate is someone who keeps up with platform updates, approaches problems with a creative lens, and never settles for answers like “We’ve always done it that way.” If that’s you, please reach out!
WHAT YOU’D DO
- Develop social content strategies and comms plans for social-related activations.
- Develop & deliver social strategy presentations to clients; sell in work and thinking.
- Write creative briefs related to social-specific campaigns: Social content, influencer marketing, bigger non-content social campaign ideation. Collaborate on briefs with Data Strategy and Paid Social teams and brief in and partner with creative teams.
- Be the strategic voice (i.e. providing thought leadership, answering questions, etc.) in any conversation related to social media, platforms, paid social, social content strategy, social comms planning, and influencer marketing.
- Understand customers’ digital behaviors and relevant trends in social and provide implications for the client’s business and opportunities for the creative team.
- Collaborate with Account, Planning, Paid Social, Analytics, etc. - act as glue between disciplines to ensure social work is up to par.
- Mentor, coach and support junior team member(s) to develop the team and deliver excellent work.
- And any other assigned duties as requested
WHAT YOU’VE GOT
- Understanding the broader marketing & communications mix, traditional & non-traditional channel planning and social’s role
- Experience implementing social, digital and/or integrated campaigns on behalf of national brands
- Fluent in content strategy, comms planning, social analytics and paid social
- Strong presentation & storytelling skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to be a connective force amongst various discipline groups and with the client
- Existing design & presentation (deck) development skills a plus
- Passion and curiosity for social media
WHAT WE’VE GOT (that you can’t find out on the internet)
- We’re nice people. Seriously. Some of the most ego-less and collaborative people you’ll find in this business.
- We’re evolving fast. Sure, every agency will claim that, but we’re surfing a wave of new biz wins, new ways of working and new Deutschers that prove it. Hopefully you’ll be one of them.
- We take our work seriously but believe weekends, vacations and thinking space outside the office make you better at your job, not worse.
- We have a big jar of free peanuts near our entryway and no one knows how it stays full.
Education: BA/BS Marketing, Communications, or other related field
Experience: 4+ years working in the digital/social space
Deutsch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.