The Media Planner will work with the media and analytics team to come up with insights and analysis to
help shape placement of media across campaigns. This person will have
mastered advanced media and has a basic understanding of a client’s objectives
and how to achieve them through media planning. They must have some experience
in local media planning/ buying across online (social, programmatic, and SEM)
and offline (radio, OOH, and print) media. They like to get the most out of
every investment and monitor every dollar as if it were their own.
· Development and presentation of sound, strategic Media Plans
based on client marketing direction and the use of media research.
· Manage the flow of client media-related issues based on changes
in direction, goals, and budgets. Be aware of the need to create
solutions and resolve problems.
· Maintain budget control and ensure execution of media plans by
authorizing approved media schedules and monitoring buys/schedule.
· Oversee tagging and tracking of digital media to ensure accurate
reporting and optimizations.
· Work closely with analytics team to pull digital performance
reports, review results, make optimization recommendations, work with partners/team
members to implement
· Effective communication with agency buying personnel to ensure
brand needs are met.
· Foster a good working relationship with external client and creative
· Maintain a good rapport with sales representatives and vendors.
· Negotiates rate discounts and added value.
· Effectively manages all daily tasks as well as guides
development and education of Assistant Media Planner
· Explore media alternatives and be creative in recommending media
· Be accurate to instill/maintain client confidence.
· Deliver POVs/position papers on key client issues and/or client
· Working knowledge of media-related and other basic software
· Prior experience (3+ years) in media, must include digital media
· Strong presentation skills
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Excel knowledge a must (formulas, linking multiple tabs,
construction of mathematical double-checks, etc.)
· Previous exposure to digital ad trafficking, programmatic
buying, understand of navigating social interfaces and SEM bidding a plus
· Sound media math
· Problem solving mentality
· Experience developing and executing both offline & online
media campaigns, as well as development and presentation of the actual client
· Hands on exposure to auction based bid management systems
· Local planning and buying experience across digital, radio and
· Understanding of measurement and reporting solutions
· Bachelor Degree