Director of Strategy, Data and Consumer Insights
Based in Dallas, 7-Eleven
Deutsch LA is the leading Advertising Agency on the West Coast, we’ve just been honored in the Ad Age Agency A-list and we’ve been given the honor of working with some amazing clients like 7-Eleven, Taco Bell and VW. Our thriving office is imaginative, creative and produces outstanding work for our clients. If a rapidly growing, innovative, competitive environment sounds challenging and exciting, then this is the place for you.
We’re growing and doing some amazing work based on data-driven strategies and looking to build out our Strategy discipline within the Data Strategy group. We need exceptional people who understand that science and creativity live and breathe together. We’re looking for people that can throw down and get their hands dirty with data and then help our client develop the very best strategy to win day in and day out against the competition. In short, we’re looking for the rare diamond of a creative scientist to come and work in one of the best places to work. Is that you?
Position is for a senior-level strategy guru who specializes in data and consumer insights to work on the 7-Eleven account, based in Dallas sitting within the 7-Eleven offices. The right person for this job will rise far above normal “analyst” or “strategist” parameters and lead client growth with new ideas and hypotheses born out of observations from both data AND their deep business experience. This person won't just answer the “what if” questions – they'll ask them of the agency and our clients: How is our marketing performing? Where is our best opportunity? What insights can we find from client & third party data to inform new approaches? Are we looking at the right data for the questions we have?
Curiosity, creativity and a hint of mad scientist are needed for this varied role. We are looking for someone who will lead the data strategy discipline for 7-Eleven. This position will guide the use of data to move the business forward – identifying opportunities, overcoming challenges and seeing future competition. They will work with brand and digital strategists, creatives, other agency partners and directly with our client. They will work in partnership with these team members to inspire better solutions for our client. Advocating a data driven approach to strategy from inception to execution. As such your ability to influence and communicate complex data and analytics is essential and something you intuitively know how to do.
• High level strategy experience working with clients, presenting and interacting with senior client executives
• 10+ years experience at a media agency, client, marketing analytics firm or in a quantitative, data-driven field
o 4+ years of experience in consumer strategy, insights, or marketing intelligence
• Strong leader who can demonstrate analytic skills, problem solving, and independent decision making
• Ability to clearly explain complex ideas to multiple audiences and respond to questions
• Knowledge and experience with syndicated research sources/tools (e.g. ComScore, Nielsen, GfK MRI, Simmons, etc)
• Understanding of performance framework and application of learnings
• Experience working with retail category resources (e.g. IRI, Nielsen, NPD/CREST, etc)
• Experience with marketing analytics, marketing mix modeling/econometric analysis and/or other branches of market research (custom survey research, advertising testing or tracking, new product research, etc.) is a plus
• Retail industry experience is also a big plus
• Identify business-changing insights from existing or new data sources, delivered with a world class communication style
• Data mining and story telling
o Translate data into clear, compelling, and actionable insights by leveraging advanced analytics tactics conducted by central resources
• Collaborate with marketing partners and strategy teams to understand business and marketing objectives and develop analytics approaches to meet those objectives
• Lead understanding of consumer and marketplace behaviors, particularly those that most impact business and marketing goals
• Evaluate data and research/analytics vendors for client needs or as they approach clients
• Oversight of the development and execution of a comprehensive measurement plan – primarily synthesizing and aggregating results from other client and agency partners